Santa Clara, CA
- Challenge: Design a tool that empowers Quickbooks users in some aspect of their business.
- Formed a cross-functional team and collaborated with software engineers from research to prototype.
- Asked “How might we..” and developed personas to stay focused on the user experience and pain points.
- Analyzed existing features, user demographics, reviews, and use cases to uncover new opportunities.
- Conducted user research and interviews to discover expressed and unexpressed needs or pain points.
- Designed a prototype to visualize and demonstrate the product concept.
Delta Sigma Pi
Vice President of Professional Development
Santa Clara, CA
May 2017 – Jan 2018
- Responsible for creating opportunities that catalyze the professional development of the members.
- Organized networking events and talks with venture capitalists.
- Organized two workshops with two Big 4 accounting firms.
- Organized a visit to Facebook HQ and a meeting with the VP of Growth.
- Gave weekly informative talks about emerging technology, current events, job hunting and interview tips, and so on.
AKQA is a digital agency that specializes in interactive and digital marketing. This includes interactive experiences and customer relationship management; e-commerce and technology services; media, search and analytics; interface design; and content creation and distribution. AKQA is the most awarded digital agency in the world.
- Conducted consumer and market research for developing creative brand strategies.
- Translated client briefs into campaign ideas and strategies to propose at ideation sessions.
- Analyzed campaign performances and various metrics using native and third-party analytics tools.
- Visualized key metrics and data trends, and designed campaign performance reports for clients.
- Worked in a cross-functional team and assisted the execution of a large integrated marketing campaign for Nike Japan.
- A group project in MGMT 164 – Introduction to Entrepreneurship class by Professor Robert Eberhart.
- Using the $5 seed investment, student groups compete to raise the most money in 1 week.
- Achieved the highest margin among groups by pursuing operational and logistical efficiency.
- Marketed effectively by turning bit.ly URLs into Snap codes and placing them strategically across campus and social media.
- Won the first place and brought in the highest profit of $400.
- Replicated Humans of New York in Foothill College to foster a sense of community, belonging, and pride.
- Recorded an average of 1,000 audiences per week, with a maximum of 2,788 audiences in one week.
- Responsible for creating all of the marketing elements, such as the logos, decals, flyers, and the photographs.
- Promote the Facebook page effectively by distributing eye-catching decals and flyers around the campus.
- Improved marketing effectiveness by utilizing analytics to monitor user behavior, click-through, unique visitors, etc.
- Involved in executing the two annual fundraisers “Japan-U.S. Innovation Awards” and “’Award of Honor’ Gala.”
- Played an integral role by applying knowledge gained from experiences in hospitality and customer service.
- Served as the bridge between Japan Society and Silicon Valley Japanese Student Association.
- Minimized cost of labor for Japan Society by recruiting international students as volunteers.
- Provided International students from Japan with volunteer opportunities and exposure to the business world.
- Founded the first intercollegiate organization for all of the Japanese international students in San Francisco Bay Area.
- United Japanese student communities that were confined to a language school, community college, or university.
- Established a centralized platform of communication to ignite inter-school communication and connection.
- Managed three teams and undertook organizational development and community outreach.
- Expanded the organization to 400 members in 8 months, covering over 10 schools in Northern California.
- Participated in seminars and case studies on entrepreneurship with students and professors from top universities.
- Formed a team with other delegates from Japan, China, and Indonesia, and competed in a business pitch competition.
- Led and moderated, from ideation and brainstorming sessions to final pitch.
- Tied in first place.
Santa Clara University
B.S., Management Information Systems
Santa Clara, CA
Sep 2016 – Present
Certificate, UX Design
San Francisco, CA
Dual A.S. in Business Administration & Economics
Cum Laude, Honors Scholar, Dean’s List
Los Altos Hills, CA
Jan 2014 – May 2016
St.Mary’s International School
GPA: 1.64 (Withdrawn)
Sep 2009 – June 2012
Dec 2017 – Apr 2018
- BUSADM466.1x Marketing Measurement Strategy
- BUSADM466.2x Price and Promotion Analytics
- BUSADM466.3x Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation
- BUSADM466.4x Products, Distribution and Sales
Dec 2017 – Mar 2018
- Dev262x Logic and Computational Thinking
- Dev236x Introduction to Python: Absolute Beginner
- Dev274x Introduction to Python: Fundamentals
- Dev330x Introduction to Python: Creating Scalable, Robust, Interactive Code
- English (Native)
- Japanese (Native)
- Mandarin (HSK Level 5)
- Data Science
- Matplotlib / Seaborn / Plotly
Creative / Marketing
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google AdWords Certification
- Rapid Prototyping
- Sketch / InVision